You are invited to participate!
Call for Submissions for Sister Souurce, Inc.
Dear Friends: We are building our content for Sister Souurce, Inc.’s Black Unitarian Universalist Women and Girls website. We invite submissions and welcome original contributions for consideration that reflect our mission: to bring awareness and appreciation of the presence of Black Unitarian Universalist women and girls; to nurture their accomplishments and growth; and to bring them into the fullness of their lives.
Our website captures the lives, accomplishments, challenges, insights and reflections of Black Unitarian Universalist women and girls, their ups and downs, highs and lows, challenges and joys, and everything in between. We are looking for funny stories, and sad stories, what broke your heart, feature stories of accomplishments or failures and how you rebound after failure. We desire music, photography, and art of all kinds. This is your opportunity to showcase your talents.
Guidelines for Sermons/Homilies
- Sermon or Homily length: 15- to 25-minutes
- PRINT: double spaced; 12 point Times New Roman (or similar) font in a Word, Pages, or plain text attachment, or link to an editable Google Doc
- VIDEO: provide a Vimeo or YouTube link to sermon or homily ONLY (not full worship service)
- Sermon submissions are limited to two per person
Guidelines for Art and Photos
- Artwork and photos must be in .jpg or .png digital format
- Images must be at least 2,000 pixels wide
- All mediums will be considered
- All artwork must be your own, not subject to copyright by any other person or entity
- Essays, poems, spoken word, fiction, nonfiction, etc. may be of any length up to 4,000 words; double spaced; 12 point Times New Roman (or similar) font as a Word, Pages or plain text attachment, or link to an editable Google Doc
- Authors may submit up to 2 pieces for consideration
By submitting to us you give your permission for Sister Souurce, Inc. to review it for consideration for possible publication on our website. Submitting a contribution does not guarantee that it will be published. All submissions may be subject to editing and reviewed by the author before publication with full consent on content from the author.
Next Steps Process
By submitting your work, you give us permission to review it for possible publication on our website. Receipt of your submission will be the first step. The next step is review of your submission. This step may take up to a month or more to determine its potential for publication. Once a decision is made you will be contacted to obtain permission for possible edits that will be shared with you. Once permission is granted then a back-and-forth process happens until agreement is reached between the editor and author about the content. A publication schedule is identified and, voila! – it is posted on the website. No financial remuneration is available for submissions.
By submitting your work, you grant Sister Souurce, Inc. a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to display and publish your submission. You retain all other rights to your work and authors will be granted attribution.
Please address correspondence and submissions to: Rev. Qiyamah A. Rahman at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email and online submissions via our submission forms are accepted.